Guest blog: How To Land A Second Date By Shanny In The City - Toronto's Top Matchmaker & Dat
I'd love for you all to meet my friend Shannon Tebb, the woman behind the incredibly popular shannyinthecity.com.
I love this girl to pieces. Not only because she's a bubbly burst of blonde energy, but because we share the same passion...to connect people and live life on our own terms as social entrepreneurs.
A professional boutique matchmaker and dating consultant, Shanny is a familiar face in Toronto's social circuit and has been featured in some of your favourite media.
We'll be hosting my charity event for CAMH, #OneBraveNight this Friday May 13th, at the Thompson Hotel.
Make sure you RSVP and come support and say hi!
Shanny’s TOP 10 Tips to land a second date:
1) Be engaging, positive, smile, and really try to build a connection with your date.
2) During the conversation, piggyback off their statements and give your perspective or experience on the topic.
3) Know how to successfully change the subject during the date if a touchy subject arises like the Ex talk or the awful question “So why are you still single?”
4) Avoid the typical “interview” questions and ask something more authentic like “What are you proud of in your life?” or “What is something you have recently accomplished?”
5) Before the date, make a list of your top 5 attributes inside and out. This will increase your confidence and remind you how amazing you are and what you have to offer in a relationship.
6) Be well presented. Put that extra effort into your wardrobe, and if feeling stuck on which outfit looks best ask for friend’s opinion.
7) Date follow up. Always show gratitude after a date by sending them a thank you text and let them know if you want to see them again. No games = a relationshipJ
8) Practice date etiquette. Go easy on the alcohol, keep distractions away like your cellphone, don’t check out other women/guys, and be attentive and respectful. And be FUN!
9) Be punctual and on time for the date. If your running a few minutes behind let your date know.
10) Be creative and take her someplace fun. Find something you enjoy doing and invite her to join you. The typical dinner and drink dates can be dull so why not be different and plan a more memorable date.
For more great tips and to learn more about what Shannon does, visit her site!
Shannon Tebb, creator of Shanny in the City and known as the "Headhunter for the Heart" has worked as a Boutique Matchmaker & Dating Consultant since 2010. She has a passion for helping divorcee's and singles get back into the dating scene and open their hearts to love. Shanny also hosts engaging social events in Toronto and can also be hired as your personal "Wingwoman" to help break the ice when meeting other singles. She has been featured in the Toronto Star, Huffington Post, VICE, Oh So Cosmo, KISS 92.5, CBC radio, and was the Spokesperson for Zoosk.com. She also was a writer for Eligible Magazine and View the Vibe.