September 10 – 18
We are seeking up to 8 volunteers to assist with our special events program during the Toronto Film Festival. Our program will host 2 major online entertainment media companies and their daytime editorial interview studios for major stars of TIFF films, as well as industry panel discussions with top filmmakers and official film premiere events (cast lunches, dinners and parties).
Responsibilities include management and coordination tasks related to:
• Daily schedule of film casts for interviews and photo shoots
• Backstage/green room areas for talent and corporate sponsors
• Daily food & beverage/hospitality operations
• AV equipment setup and set design for panels and press conferences
• Corporate sponsorship and branding/identity
• Daily from 8am – 6pm for media studio and press/panel activities.
• Nightly from 6pm - 11pm for premiere parties and cast dinners.
• Must be dressed sharply and professionally during all events
• Must possess a friendly, outgoing personality and be able to maintain a calm demeanor during live event production
• Familiarity with (or interest in) the film industry, online news/media, photography/video and corporate communications/public relations is a plus
This will bring the successful candidates into direct contact with major stars of TIFF and top publicists, journalists and filmmakers from the global film industry. We offer an exciting, behind-the-scenes experience as you will learn and directly take place in the actual business of film marketing, promotions and publicity at TIFF.
To apply, please submit a short paragraph (2-3 sentences) about your interest in the program and TIFF, relevant event/hospitality/PR/technical experience you may have, and a photograph to email@example.com